Fix Microsoft Store Error 0x80073d0a on Windows 11/10
In this article, we are going to talk about some solutions to fix Microsoft Store Error 0x80073d0a. Several Microsoft Store errors occur on a Windows operating system. Each of these errors has a separate error code. One of these Microsoft Store errors is 0x80073d0a which indicates that the Windows Defender Firewall service is not working. This error prevents users from downloading and updating apps from the Microsoft Store. The error message that Windows Store displays on the screen looks like this:
Try again, something went wrong. The error code is 0x80073D0A, in case you need it.
If you encounter the same error on your Windows 11/10 computer, the solutions listed in this article may help you fix it.
Fix Microsoft Store Error 0x80073d0a
You can try the following solutions and see if any of them help you.
- Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
- Check the status of the Windows Defender Firewall service.
- Reset the Microsoft Store or clear the Microsoft Store cache.
- Reregister the Microsoft Store apps.
Let’s take a look at these troubleshooting methods in detail.
1]Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
A troubleshooter is an automated tool that helps users troubleshoot multiple issues on their computers, run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter, and see if it fixes the problem. We have listed the steps to run this tool on Windows 11 and Windows 10 operating systems.
The following steps will help you run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter:
- Click the Search icon and type Settings. Select the Settings app from the search results.
- In the Settings app, go to “System> Troubleshooting. “
- On the Troubleshooting page, click the Other convenience stores tongue.
- Scroll down and click on the To run button next to Windows Store apps.
Follow the instructions below:
- Open the Settings application.
- Go to “Update & Security> Troubleshooting. “
- Click on the Additional convenience stores link on the right side.
- Now scroll down and click Windows Store apps.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter.
After the troubleshooting process is complete, check whether the issue is resolved or not.
2]Check the status of the Windows Defender Firewall service
As explained earlier, error code 0x80073d0a is associated with Windows Defender Firewall service. Some users reported that they were getting this error from the Microsoft Store because the Windows Defender Firewall service was not running on their computer. Check the status of this service on your system. If it is stopped, start it.
The following steps will help you with that:
- hurry Win + R keys to launch the To run control box. Type
services.mscand click OK. This will launch the Services application.
- In the Services app, scroll down to locate Windows Defender Firewall.
- Once you find it, right click on it and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, set the startup type to Automatique and check the Service status.
- If the service status is displayed Stopped, click on the Start button to run the service.
- Click on To apply and then okay.
Now check if you can install or update apps from Microsoft Store. Otherwise, try the next solution.
Related: Windows Firewall service does not start.
3]Reset the Microsoft Store or clear the Microsoft Store cache
Resetting the Microsoft Store may resolve the issue of installing apps from the Microsoft Store or failing to update. Try this method and see if it makes any changes.
4]Reregister Microsoft Store apps
If none of the above solutions worked for you, re-register the Microsoft Store apps and see if that helps. Reregistering Microsoft Store apps is useful when you are having issues with multiple Store apps. Because this Microsoft Store error 0x80073d0a causes app installation or updates to fail, re-registering Store apps may resolve the issue.
How do I restore the Microsoft Store?
You can restore the Microsoft Store by resetting it or clearing the Microsoft Store app cache. We have explained the process above in this article.
How to fix the error 0x80070422?
You may encounter Windows Update error 0x80070422 while downloading Windows Update. Usually, this error occurs when the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) or Windows Update service has been stopped or disabled. You can correct this error by restarting the Windows Update service.
Hope this article helped you solve your problem.