How to download Windows Server 2022 Preview ISO or VHDX
Microsoft announced Windows Server 2022 as the successor to Windows Server 2019 at the Ignite conference. The next version will run as Windows Server 2022 but will be released in 2021. However, the preview is already available for download and we are informing you here to get the Windows Server 2022 ISO file.
This latest version is slated for public release for commercial use later in the second half of 2021, but the exact date is still not confirmed as of this writing. While developers, administrators, and other Windows enthusiasts can download Windows Server 2022 Preview, its version is known as Windows Server vNext Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) Preview.
The next version of the server will have better integration with Microsoft Azure. The developers also took a hybrid approach this time around for better connectivity and to deliver cloud innovation on-premises servers to enterprises through services such as Azure Arc and Storage Migration Service.
In addition, users will have the updated version of Windows Admin Center (2103) with other improvements in terms of management of virtual machines, Windows containers, simplified event viewer, better security. In addition to this, with Secured-core Server, enhanced threat protection is introduced and encryption technologies such as TLS 1.3 or AES-256 are now enabled by default or their range of functions is extended.
More features and security features and details about them will be revealed in future updates until we can sign up for the Windows Insider program to try out the new version of the server. For more information, consult the Microsoft’s official announcement blog.
Download Windows Server 2022 Preview ISO File
- Go to Microsoft Windows Server Insider Preview Downloads page. here is the link for that.
- Click on the profile icon top right to get the login page.
- If you already have a Microsoft account then enter the associated email address and password. Other, click on the “Create aâAnd create an account with the company for yourself.
- Once logged in, click on the Scrolling menu box.
- Select “Windows Server 2022 Preview ISO – Build 20313“or whatever, the current version available while you download it. If you want to try it Virtual machine, then a pre-built VHDX the picture is also available.
- Click on To confirm button.
- Then the Language will appear, select the language you want to use by default on your Windows 2022 server. And still go ahead by pressing the “To confirm button”.
- Finally you will see a To download button for ” Windows Server vNext LTSC Overview – Build 20313 EnglishâClick on it to get the ISO to file for the same.
- The generated link will be valid for 24 hours, in case you want to share it with your friend or someone else. After that, you need to generate it again by following the same steps.
Here are the screenshots to get a clear idea of ââthe above steps …